Saturday 19 October 2013

Curse of the Broomstaff (Janitors #3) by Tyler Whitesides Review


17723131

Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide   Goodreads_icon_32x32

Title : Curse Of The Broomstaff
Author : Tyler Whitesides
Pages : 360
Source : Netgalley

A secret society of Janitors with wizard-like powers continue their battle, and now, the stakes are even higher. The Bureau of Educational Maintenance is after Alan Zumbro and this time they mean business - deadly business. Spencer, Daisy, and their little team of rebels must find the source of all magical Glop and destroy it before it can destroy the world as we know it. No small task with the BEM and their monster toxites at their heels. It's a wild and dangerous ride as they follow the trail of clues all the way to the hiding place of the mysterious aurans: guardians of a secret landfill. What they discover there will change the way

Spencer sees himself, not to mention the fate of the rebels.

My Thoughts (and my kids)

When I started this series with my kids their first thought was how can a book about janitors that takes place in a school be good? I had to laugh at their reasoning. Well we have read all 3 and that says alot. They really enjoyed each and every one. 

My boys loved that this book was action packed. We see some new characters in Curse Of The Broomstaff and new weapons. Who wouldn't love a spray that turns things to glass!! Who would of thought a book with so much trash in it would be so good!!

Both Spencer and Daisy grow as characters and my boys loved that they were so involved in trying to win the war against the BEM. The kids along with their little band of helpers have new challenges and creatures to fight. I loved the fact that the main idea of the war was that the BEM were trying to stop kids learning but the kids were fighting to stop them. It sent a strong message that learning is good. 

While the books are for kids I still enjoyed them. My boys have recommended them to their friends and say that the books have plenty of magic, action, adventure, twists and turns and fight scenes. The books were faced paced and kept my kids  interested and wanting more. To me that's what makes a great read for kids. Id recommend to any parent whose child loves books. 




No comments:

Post a Comment