Friday 19 February 2016

Audiobook Review: The Games of Supervillainy by C.T. Phipps!


    The Games of Supervillainy Audiobook
  • Written by: C. T. Phipps
  • Narrated by: Jeffrey Kafer
  • Length: 6 hrs and 55 mins 
  • Unabridged Audiobook
  • Release Date:01-14-16
  • Publisher: Amber Cove Publishing

  • Get ready for the action-packed follow up to The Rules of Supervillainy. This time with zombies, zombified heroes and villains, cults, magic, super-science, a dragon, a giant Nazi robot, a Greek demigod, and so much more! Gary and Cloak have returned from the supervillain prison on the moon only to discover the city he plans to conquer and rule with an iron fist has been overrun with the living dead. Once again taking up the mantle of Merciless: The Supervillain Without Mercy(tm). Gary will have to pull it together quickly, find his wife, his gang, and a whole lot of help to stop the Brotherhood of Infamy from slaughtering the population of Falconcrest City and opening a portal to summon a primal force of destruction. But Gary has a plan, or at least he's sure he'll have one soon. Just give him a second.

  • My Thoughts: 

  • Merciless is back!!! Having returned from the Supervillian Prison on the moon only to discover that his city is overrun by Zombies, Gary knows that he is the only one who can save the world, well with the help from his friends but you know, it's mostly him!! Oh and his wife has been kidnapped (well kind of) by a devastatingly handsome Greek god. What is a supervillian to do??

  • While a little more serious than the first, this is still thoroughly enjoyable. Poor Gary, he so wants to be a supervillian but things aren't going his way and he is forced (snigger) to do the right thing. Now he has to save his city from the undead and try to hide the fact that the Greek God is extremely handsome (You need to read it to understand ;))

  • Once again, the author has given us some truly funny quips between Gary and his cloak and made me laugh out loud multiple times, yet he also managed to squeeze a lot of different emotions from me in this book. Gary gets to meet someone and it pulled at my heartstrings, but the biggest gut wrench was what happened to his wife! I have to say though that I loved the twist the author did at the end!! I can't say much else because I'll spoil it, so I'll just say, go read it NOW!!!!

  • Again, the amount of different characters were extremely well written and developed. Usually in books with so many characters I find some of them are just back ground noise, not so here. The author really gives each character time to grow! I loved the Greek God!! 

  • The plot is also well written and thought out. We kind of have a bit of everything. "This time with zombies, zombified heroes and villains, cults, magic, superscience, a dragon, a Greek demigod, and so much more!" We also have a load of awesome pop culture reference that made me giddy :) 

  • In all, a really excellent second book. This has a bit of everything and I can't recommend it enough. I love the world and characters this author has created and look forward to the third!! 

  • Once again, Jeffrey Kafer nails it. He is Gary!!! I don't know what else to say about his narration that I haven't said before. He always does an amazing job with the performance and I never find any faults. 

  • *I received a copy of this for review. This in no way affected my thoughts.* 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reading this! Your thoughts are always spot on. It was difficult writing the ending but when the idea popped in my head, I just couldn't let go of it. I hope you enjoy THE SECRETS OF SUPERVILLAINY when it comes out in July.

    ReplyDelete