Tuesday 10 April 2018

Orbs 3: Redemption by Nicholas Sansbury Smith Review!

39315599Title: Orbs 3: Redemption
Series: Orbs 3
Author: Nicholas Sansbury Smith
Pages: 257
Published: April 6th 2018 by Great Wave Ink, Inc
Source: Purchased

PURCHASE: Amazon.com / Amazon.co.uk 


At the end of the world, who do you save?
With their numbers diminishing and the alien armies growing stronger, Sophie's biosphere decides to join forces with the team from NTC's submarine.
Using data from a surviving satellite, they discover strange, alien poles at each of the world's seven highest summits: alien technology that the survivors believe may hold the key to shutting down the alien ships once and for all.
That's not all. The satellite also discovers an encrypted set of coordinates that reveal SOS messages from US Military bases around the world, all activated on invasion day, except for one: Offutt Air Force Base.
But before they can launch an offensive, the biosphere team must deal with sabotage from within and a strange nanotechnology that has infected several of the survivors. As tensions rise, Sophie and team must decide whether a new discovery at Offutt is worth abandoning the biosphere. The more the team learns, the more they realize the planet may be beyond saving and that salvation may require leaving the planet forever.


My Thoughts:

Book 3 sees Sophie and her team struggling to survive. There is very little left of the original team and the biosphere that they are hunkered in is their only salvation, that is until sabotage from within causes something to happen and the team have to reach out to Captain Noble for help. Will they get help before they are over run? 

Wow, I thought book 2 left me breathless, but whoa, this one was non stop!! Talk about action packed!!! My poor heart couldn't keep up with everything that was going on. Not only did something happen the biosphere, but they found hope! They have found alien poles on the highest summits of mountains around the world. They hope that the weapon they created will disrupt the signal, thus giving them time to attack them and the alien ships. They also found encrypted messages from different bases from when the attack first happened, but one stands out because it was sent after. It's from Offutt Air Force Base and this base may hold the answer to getting survivours off of earth. 

As I said, the pacing was extremely fast paced! So much happens that I was on the edge of my seat throughout. I kept imagining it as a movie while reading, and I honestly think it would make an amazing one!! The author really brings the scenes to life with his descriptive writing and any time I hear a scratch/scrap sound, my first thought will be alien spiders!!! 

My emotions were spent while reading this! The characters I've come to love are put into situations that had my emotions all over the place. A sign of a good book is one where you become invested in the lives of the characters, and I was invested! Sophie, Rodriguez, Noble, the boys... all of these have captured my heart. I was rooting for them the whole way through. 

In all, the 3rd book was amazing. It was action packed, exciting, entertaining, well written and developed and held my attention till the breath taking end. I really can not wait to dive into the final book later today!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment